Cumberland Island - Day 1 (Really Day .5)

Stuart and I left Athens about 1pm. I stopped by Jiffy to grab me a chicken snack for lunch and we were on our way. Next stop Atlanta and the REI store. We go to the REI store at exit #91, just off I-85, about 6pm. We didn't have much time to look. Well, not the usual 2 hours but it was enough time. I found another pair of those Nike running shorts I like so much (#320821) on their clearance rack. REI clearance rack is not the same as other stores. The prices are marked down very much. We left there to head toward the Embry Hills church on Chamblee-Tucker which wasn't very far at all. Got to the church building about 7:15 for 7:30 service. There were already lots of folks going into the building. I parked out towards the end so I could put on my pants. We walked into the building and the man standing up front preparing for the class came back to introduce himself. He knew Stuart and I remember the family name. It was Wes Gossett from ABS and Athens. Service was over and the lady behind us spoke to me. It was Kristiana(sp) Burke(sp) whom Genoa knows. We left there and headed Northeast on Chamblee-Tucker. Didn't realize it but I-285 was right there near the building. We found a Arby's to eat supper (late for me). We probably left there about 9:30pm. Off down I-285 we headed. Wow, even at 9:30 at night I-285 had a lot of traffic. Note to any person that will ever drive on I-16: there is almost nothing on that stretch of interstate. Late at night there was nothing open. It was a good thing we had filled up there in Atlanta. The road is straight and lifeless. We made it to I-95 about 1am. Made a gas stop and bathroom break. I let Stuart drive us at this point. I had driven all the way up till this point. Then to Exit #3 on I-95 we made it. That was 2:30 or 3am, I don't remember. We stopped in a McDonalds to see if we could pick up some free WiFi. No luck there. We pulled across to the other side of the road to check again. No luck, all of them were secured, even the ones that had no WEP/WPA. While we were playing with that there was a police car that kept circling the main road. We just knew he was going to come over and question us but never did. We headed down the road and found the Walmart. We walked around there for a little bit and used the bathroom. I'm pretty sure we were the only customers in the store and I'm guessing security cameras were being watched. After that we headed to the dock/pier area. Continued on Day 2 posting..... Created on 08/17/2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment