Early morning runs are getting tougher

When I first started my running schedule 9 weeks ago I thought it would be good to run the Saturday/Sunday runs. That way I could get them out of the way and not have them interfere with the rest of the day. As the weeks have gone on, each successive week it has been tougher to get going. This morning was no exception. In fact, physically, I just didn't feel like going. I push-mowed two yards yesterday and I could really feel it this morning.

That being said, I still had some good times. The distance was 4.11 miles and the time was 32:59. Works out to a 8:01.30 average mile.

What I thought I would do is warm up the first mile and run the last 3 as if it were a race. After that first mile I just didn't feel warmed up. I tried to push a little. So my last 3.16 time was 24:49 for a 7:51.12.

What I'm wanting is a day in which my times are good and I feel good physically. Recently my times have been steadily getting better but I have felt so great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment