Nice day for a race (although it did start raining at about 30 minutes into the ladies race). About 45 at start time. I thought I might get a bit cold but did not. About half way into the race I was pretty hot.
My personal best. I couldn't have done any better. I had no kick at the end so I guess that tells me that I was letting it go during the race.
First off, I have to remember to get closer to the start line. By no means I'm I going to be winning a race but in this race I got stuck behind a lot of folks. I had to do quite a bit of weaving and short sprints between folks. That probably took some out of me. My time might have been just a bit better but only by seconds. (I have my time from start line to finish line as 23:34 - the shoe timers start as soon as they say go - so I was about 14 seconds deep in the crowd)
I told Genoa that the race really seemed to go by quick in relative terms. The other races I've ran I would think it's never going to end.
Official Results - #117 out of 515 - 23:45
The thing I feel best about was that during the race I kept passing people. I only got passed just a few times. I was gaining while most folks were falling back (or something like that).
That is a really nice running course. The last hill is kind of tough but very doable. I thought just after the race that it wasn't bad at all (the hill). The last straight-a-way is really nice to have a the end of a race. I gave it all I could down that stretch.
I'm also glad that in my 3 races so far I've gotten better each time: 25:06, 24:23, and now 23:45.
I think the next race might be the Rudolf Run on Dec 19th.
UPDATE 6:40pm - I'm fairly certain I left it all on the course this morning. My legs are sore. They hardly ever get sore.
0 comments:
Post a Comment