Another schedule started

This BLOG has been pretty quiet over the last month or so. I do that. I go in spurts where I want to and times when I don't.

I'm continuing to run. I've started a new running schedule this week (see the upper right link). This is another schedule I copied from coolrunning.com. This one seems a bit on the aggressive side for somebody that has been running for 6 months. The schedule has a long run on every Friday and Sunday. My schedules before I've had Fridays off. I thought if I were going to improve I should push myself. I'll be able to tell after the first month if this was too much too soon.

This week I've had some fun runs. On Wednesday I ran the rails-to-trails north from the Elkmont parking a round-trip of 5 miles (to the covered bridge and back). My bro-in-law Scott ran with me. We had three one minute sprints and two 30 second sprints during this run. That was a really tough run.

On Friday, yes Christmas day, I went back to the same place for a 6 mile round-trip run. Right before the covered bridge there is a mile marker that says 8.0. I thought if I make it to the 8.5 marker that will make the correct round-trip mileage of 6. Well I kept running thinking the marker would come up. The next marker I came to said 3.0. I just love consistancy. I'm not exactly sure how long my run was. I'm just going to say it was 6.0. I had a really good rythm on the way back. So much so that I zoned out for about a mile. My thighs started getting tight in the last mile.

Today I had a short 3 miles to run. I had trouble getting my breathing under control. That might have had a lot to do with the 20oz Mtn Dew and two Clif bars I had for lunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment