Cooler morning, great time to go running

I left the house for my run about 5:20.

I was about to the place in which I hear the chime from my Garmin 305 indicating mile 1. Actually I was past the point and I looked at my watch. None of the timers were increasing. At about 25 seconds I must have accidentally hit the stop button. No problem, I just reset it and started it back. I figure the first part was maybe 1.1 miles.

I had a really good run for me. I ended up running 7.1 total. I was really glad to see my 5th mile was 8:13, the best for the run. I'm not going to break any speed records but I was running faster than normal. Over the past week, in the heat of the day, I've been running closer to 9:00s.

I found out that dogs don't like to be sprayed with water. There are two dogs, close to my house, that are always out. They have chased me on my bike. They come out but don't chase when I walk by that house. So this morning as they chased and barked down the street behind me I decided they needed to be cooled off. I turned and showered the one pretty good. He stopped dead in his tracks and immediately stopped barking.

I'm really getting aggravated at all the loose dogs around town. There is one on Lucas Ferry that has come out after me the last two weeks. This morning he nipped my heals with the owner sitting on his car port yelling the dogs name. In light of the Dr getting attacked on June 29 I was paying extra attention this morning. That's why I carried my water bottle, to have something to distract a charging dog. I can think of at least 4 houses in which the dogs are never put up. I'm not sure calling animal control does any good. I've did that once last year and I have seen the dog in question a couple of times since then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment