Web Site Research

I've used midphase.com in the past and will probably go with the unlimited service (which gives you SSH access and is $10.95 every 3 months).

This will kill two birds with one stone. I think the elders expressed interest in having a web site but that is not definitive. Martin did say he wanted a way to get an email to every member that has an email. I can set an email Forwarder with this web hosting service. (cPanel Email Forwarding)

This is also an interesting service: http://www.churchtextingmanager.com/. This allows you to send a SMS to a group of folks but this is a monthly cost of $25.

Another interesting service is http://www.tgethr.com/. This allows you to create email groups. Lowest service is $6 per month; 3 groups, unlimited messages, 250mb of messages stored on site (messages are sent via email but also stored on the web site).

And yet another interesting service is http://www.onecallnow.com/Religious/unlimited-monthly.aspx?vw=1 which is $6.99 monthly for up to 25 numbers. This is one of those call and leave a message services that will then call everybody on the list. This would replace the phone tree we have but I think is too much of an expense.

Nice list of web site templates.


Another CMS choice might be MODx.


Free CSS Templates


A Free Search tool for web sites: Zoom Search Engine

Some other possibilities for web hosting:
Embeddable audio player: http://www.webappers.com/2009/09/19/add-audio-to-your-site-with-yahoo-media-player/

jMP3 - jQuery MP3 Player

Update 12/16/2009:
I think the best thing to do would be to go with WordPress. I have played around a little bit and think that corporatesandbox is a very nice theme. Found a plugin called BibleGateway Verse Of The Day. Both of these have been modified and are in the following folder:
C:\Lance\Programs\Internet\wamp\apps\wordpress1\wp-content

Also, another nice plugin: Apture

Another really good WP Theme is Wordpress II Silver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment