On Wednesday I had ran some really fast 440s (too fast) and I could still feel it my legs early on in the race. After a bit it smoothed out and I didn't feel the soreness.
The race started really quick. A lot of people were running way too hard down the first stretch (East street). Some folks were already breathing really heavy. I could hear that and compare it to my breathing and I felt fairly good. I wasn't breathing quite as hard, yet. I could also tell that I was running way too quick.
At the first mile the person called out 7:10. I have 7:16 so I'm not sure how there could be such a difference. I heard that time and was surprised. I was also concerned that I might have burnt a bit too much energy.
Here are all the mile splits:
- 7:16
- 8:10 (15:27)
- 8:14 (23:42)
- 0:43 (24:25)
We hung around to hear all the placements announced. I was standing there talking to Eric and he said to me "Oh by the way, you came in first in your age group. Did you know that?" I was totally shocked that I would have come in first place, especially in my age group. My age group, 35-39, is still young enough for us guys to have a little bit of athleticism left and a whole let of competitive fire.
So hey, a bonus - I met my goal and I got a winners trophy (small but really nice picture frame).
Will look for pictures and results at the official web site later.
UPDATE: OK, the results have been posted and it has my time at 24:23. Hey, even better for me.
UPDATE (09/25/2009): Couple of pictures:
1 comments:
GREAT JOB TODAY!!! Congrats on the hardware!
Post a Comment